real client, real project, real world
via onemana bach.
This project deeply implements SHAC principles. Students and young people collaborating and communicating to build a better way.
Innovative features to note:
- Off-site build and use of prefab component
- Kitchen and wet areas are very close to each other, minimising pipe length and keeping complexity in one place.
- Windows are nice but a major source of heat loss, and cost. Good design has given this batch an open and airy feeling with only moderate use of windows.
- Plywood internal lining gives several improvements – better acoustics, some thermal storage, and humidity buffering because of the porous surface
- Careful insulation installation – no gaps! – means good performance. Few wires or pipes are disturbing the outside, insulated walls.
- Good choice of durable, long-lasting appliances and furniture